Teams is a “collaboration” tool with audio/video telephony function. We recommend teams for everyday communication in smaller working teams.
- Audio and video meetings
- Telephone dial-in to online meetings
- File and screen sharing
- Team spaces / channels
- Integration in Microsoft Outlook (estimated availability t.b.d)
To use Microsoft Teams you must first register, then install the application.
Order Cloud subscription
- Open https://itshop.ethz.ch and login with your ETH username and password in the upper right corner
- Click on Service Catalog –> Identity and Access –> Cloud Subscription –> Microsoft Cloud Access.
IMPORTANT: Persons with a dual relationship to ETH (students and employees) should obtain free student licenses for teams according to the license agreement with Microsoft. The scope of functions for teams is identical. This leads to enormous cost savings for ETH.
- Accept the disclaimer, select your organizational unit and pick the subscription to be added to your account –> Submit Request.
- Wait for the confirmation email. Please allow up to 20 minutes depending on system load.
- Now you are able to login at Teams: You will be redirected to the AD User Authentication Service of ETH Zurich for login. Please login with email@example.com and your ETH e-mail password (Active Directory password).
The provisioning app makes it possible to create a team yourself. With this tool, we enable all users to lay the foundations necessary for teamwork in a simple and quick manner. It also enables effective classification, naming and identification of Microsoft teams.
Please contact us in case you need support
Documentation and links
- IT Shop for registration: https://itshop.ethz.ch
- Quick Guide Microsoft 365: ETH Knowledge Base
- Provisionig Tool: ETH Knowledge Base