Self-registered day guests
Self-registered day guests have access to the ETH Wi-Fi network for one day. The self-service system is set up without authorisation: verification is carried out via an SMS code. Self-registered day guests do not receive any IT services except Wi-Fi network access in the guest network.
Connect to public or public5 via Wi-Fi and you will automatically redirected to https://enter-guest-net.ethz.ch
(Link works only when connected with public or public5)
Guests (IAM guests)
These guests receive IT services for a certain period of time, which can be extended. Only members of the following groups may become guests:
1. former ETH persons (persons with an expired ETH relationship)
2. external persons who need long-term access to ETH resources
3. scientific cooperation
4. academic guests without an ETH relationship
- Short-term guests receive limited IT services for a very short time (max. 7 days). A typical example for short-term guests are course participants and visitors. For short-term guests, the validity of the ETH user account cannot be extended. Once the validity period has expired, the account will be archived or deleted. The hosts must have an active ETH relationship as lecturers or employees and must set up the short-term guests. Authorizations can be assigned manually as required.
You can order the guest account by sending us an email with the last name and validity period.
Long term guest
This refers to persons visiting ETH for approximately one month and requiring access to ETH online applications and services during their stay. Guest period can be extended if necessary.
Generally, visitors on a lengthier stay at ETH are assigned a workplace by HR.
You can order long term guest accounts by sending us an email with the following infos:
- date of birth
- home country
- home town (If from Switzerland)
- language of communication
- alternate e-mail address
- valid from
- valid to
Guest account for former ETH member
After leaving ETH a user account can be converted to a guest account if there is still cooperation within projects and access to data and email is required. Please send your request for conversion to firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to responsible professor.